Coordinates day-to-day operations of distance learning programs and schedules courses.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Administration and Administrative Support pathway.
A person in this career:
- Communicates to faculty, students, or other users availability of, or changes to, distance learning courses or materials, programs, services, or applications.
- Develops distance learning program goals or plans, including equipment replacement, quality assurance, or course offering plans.
- Supervises distance learning support staff.
- Assesses distance-learning technological or educational needs and goals.
- Trains instructors and distance learning staff in the use or support of distance learning applications, such as course management software.
- Prepares and manages distance learning program budgets.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems with distance learning equipment or applications.
- Analyzes data to assess distance learning program status or to inform decisions for distance learning programs.
- Prepares reports summarizing distance learning statistical data or describing distance learning program objectives and accomplishments.
- Purchases equipment or services in accordance with distance learning plans and budget constraints.