Helpful Hints for Applying
- Be sure to complete all required forms by the deadlines.
- Complete all questions accurately; plan to meet early deadlines, if applicable.
- Don't wait until you are admitted to file the FAFSA.
- Keep a copy of all documents for your records.
- Use your full legal name -- no nicknames -- on all applications.
- The name on your application must match the name on your social security
Josh Stacey, a student at Kansas State University, took out all the
subsidized loans he could and his parents took out a PLUS loan so that he
could afford to attend his college in Salina, Kansas.
applying early and making sure that all necessary forms are filled out. His
aid was delayed for half a semester because he hadn't filled out a form stating
that he was a dependent of his parents.
"I didn't turn that in because
I didn't know I needed to," he says.