Coordinates activities of staff, convention personnel, or clients to make arrangements for group meetings, events, or conventions.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Consults with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events, such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Reviews event bills for accuracy and approves payment.
- Coordinates services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Arranges the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, and other event needs.
- Confers with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details.
- Inspects event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
- Maintains records of event aspects, including financial details.
- Monitors event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Negotiates contracts with such service providers and suppliers as hotels, convention centers, and speakers.
- Evaluates and selects providers of services according to customer requirements.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.