Employs search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with content, products, or services in Internet-enabled devices or interfaces. Examines search query behaviors on general or specialty search engines or other Internet-based content. Analyzes research, data, or technology to understand user intent and measures outcomes for ongoing optimization.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Information Support and Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Collects and analyzes Web metrics, such as visits, time on site, page views per visit, transaction volume and revenue, traffic mix, click-through rates, conversion rates, cost per acquisition, or cost per click.
- Identifies appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reports key metrics from digital campaigns.
- Assists in setting up or optimizing analytics tools for tracking visitors' behaviors.
- Coordinates with developers to optimize Web site architecture, server configuration, or page construction for search engine consumption and optimal visibility.
- Conducts online marketing initiatives, such as paid ad placement, affiliate programs, sponsorship programs, email promotions, or viral marketing campaigns on social media Web sites.
- Participates in the development or implementation of online marketing strategy.
- Improve search-related activities through ongoing analysis, experimentation, or optimization tests, using A/B or multivariate methods.
- Optimize digital assets, such as text, graphics, or multimedia assets, for search engine optimization (SEO) or for display and usability on internet-connected devices.
- Creates content strategies for digital media.
- Manages tracking and reporting of search-related activities and provides analyses to marketing executives.