Designs, models, or implements corporate data warehousing activities. Programs and configures warehouses of database information and provides support to warehouse users.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Information Support and Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Develops data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
- Verifies the structure, accuracy, or quality of warehouse data.
- Maps data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Develops and implements data extraction procedures from other systems, such as administration, billing, or claims.
- Designs and implements warehouse database structures.
- Develops or maintains standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and databases.
- Provides or coordinates troubleshooting support for data warehouses.
- Writes new programs or modifies existing programs to meet customer requirements, using current programming languages and technologies.
- Designs, implements, or operates comprehensive data warehouse systems to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, according to customer requirements.
- Performs system analysis, data analysis or programming, using a variety of computer languages and procedures.