Applies knowledge of health care and database management to analyze clinical data, and to identify and report trends.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Science and Mathematics pathway.
A person in this career:
- Designs and validates clinical databases including designing or testing logic checks.
- Processes clinical data, including receipt, entry, verification, or filing of information.
- Generates data queries based on validation checks or errors and omissions identified during data entry to resolve identified problems.
- Develops project-specific data management plans that address areas such as data coding, reporting, or transfer, database locks, and work flow processes.
- Monitors work productivity or quality to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Prepares appropriate formatting to data sets as requested.
- Prepares data analysis listings and activity, performance, or progress reports.
- Designs forms for receiving, processing, or tracking data.
- Confers with end users to define or implement clinical system requirements such as data release formats, delivery schedules, and testing protocols.
- Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, or proper usage of clinical systems and data.