Applies standardized mathematical formulas, principles, and methodology to technological problems in engineering and physical sciences in relation to specific industrial and research objectives, processes, equipment, and products.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Science and Mathematics pathway.
A person in this career:
- Applies standardized mathematical formulas, principles, and methodology to the solution of technological problems involving engineering or physical science.
- Processes data for analysis, using computers.
- Reduces raw data to meaningful terms, using the most practical and accurate combination and sequence of computational methods.
- Translates data into numbers, equations, flow charts, graphs, or other forms.
- Confers with scientific or engineering personnel to plan projects.
- Modifies standard formulas so that they conform to project needs and data processing methods.