Conducts recreation activities with groups in public, private, or volunteer agencies or recreation facilities. Organizes and promotes activities, such as arts and crafts, sports, games, music, dramatics, social recreation, camping, and hobbies, taking into account the needs and interests of individual members.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Recreation, Amusements and Attractions pathway.
A person in this career:
- Enforces rules and regulations of recreational facilities to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
- Organizes, leads, and promotes interest in recreational activities, such as arts, crafts, sports, games, camping, and hobbies.
- Assesses the needs and interests of individuals and groups and plan activities accordingly, given the available equipment or facilities.
- Manages the daily operations of recreational facilities.
- Administers first aid according to prescribed procedures and notifies emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Completes and maintains time and attendance forms and inventory lists.
- Explains principles, techniques, and safety procedures to participants in recreational activities and demonstrate use of materials and equipment.
- Directs special activities or events, such as aquatics, gymnastics, or performing arts.
- Supervises and coordinates the work activities of personnel, such as training staff members and assigning work duties.
- Evaluates recreation areas, facilities, and services to determine if they are producing desired results.