Prepares, plans and operates audio-visual teaching aids for use in education. May record, catalogue and file audio-visual materials.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Professional Support Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates audio-visual equipment, such as cameras, film and slide projectors, and recording equipment, for meetings, events, classes, seminars, and video conferences.
- Maintains hardware and software, including computers, scanners, color copiers, and color laser printers.
- Installs audio-visual equipment.
- Instructs users in the selection, use, and design of audio-visual materials and assists them in the preparation of instructional materials and the rehearsal of presentations.
- Plans and prepares audio-visual teaching aids and methods for use in school systems.
- Directs and coordinates activities of assistants and other personnel during production.
- Determines formats, approaches, content, levels, and mediums necessary to meet production objectives effectively and within budgetary constraints.
- Performs simple maintenance tasks, such as cleaning monitors and lenses and changing batteries and light bulbs.
- Acquires, catalogs, and maintains collections of audio-visual material such as films, video- and audio-tapes, photographs, and software programs.
- Attends conventions and conferences, reads trade journals, and communicates with industry insiders to keep abreast of industry developments.