Oklahoma Tuition Equalization Grant (OTEG)
A need-based grant program that awards grants to Oklahoma
residents enrolled as full-time undergraduates at certain qualified
Oklahoma not-for-profit, private/independent institutions of higher
education. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply.
Student Award Eligibility
To be eligible for OTEG award consideration, a student must:
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and
report Oklahoma as their state of legal residence. A FAFSA must be
filed each year in order to be considered for an award.
- Be enrolled full time in the fall and/or spring semesters at a
school that is eligible to offer OTEG awards.
- Have a family income of $50,000 or less.
- Have unmet financial need in meeting the cost of attendance as
determined by their campus financial aid office.
- Be an Oklahoma resident according to the State Regents' Policy
on Residence Status of Enrolled Students in the Oklahoma State
System of Higher Education.
- Meet the institution's satisfactory academic progress
- Not already have received a grant for a period of five
consecutive years of study in a baccalaureate program beginning
when the student first received the grant.
- Not already have earned their first bachelor's degree.
- OTEG grant amounts are $2,000 per academic year or $1,000 per
- Students to be awarded OTEG will be selected and notified by
Schools Eligible to Offer OTEG Awards
- Bacone College
- Family of Faith Christian University
- Mid-America Christian University
- Oklahoma Baptist University
- Oklahoma Christian University
- Oklahoma City University
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Oral Roberts University
- Randall University (formerly Hillsdale Free Will Baptist
- Southern Nazarene University
- Southwestern Christian University
- The University of Tulsa
For Further Information
Oklahoma Tuition Equalization Grant Program
In Oklahoma City: 405.225.9456