George and Donna Nigh Public Service Scholarship
The George and Donna Nigh Public Service Scholarship was
established by the 1999 Oklahoma Legislature to provide scholarship
opportunities to outstanding students who are preparing for careers
in public service. A component of the scholarship program is
participation in seminars on public service offered by the Nigh
Institute. Each college and university may nominate one scholarship
recipient per year.
- Scholarship recipients must be residents of the state of
Oklahoma as determined by the State Regents.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full time in an
undergraduate program at a public or private college or university
in the state of Oklahoma.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled in a degree program
leading to a career in public service as determined by the
- Students receiving the scholarship must demonstrate exceptional
academic achievement as evidenced by a number of factors which may
include grade point average, class rank, national awards,
scholastic achievement, honors, teachers' recommendations and the
applicant's involvement in extracurricular activities.
Presidents of Oklahoma colleges and universities will be invited to
submit a nominee for consideration of award prior to the beginning
of the spring semester. An advisory committee appointed by the
George and Donna Nigh Institute will review and approve the
nominations and make announcement of awards.
Amount of Scholarship
- The annual award amount is $1,000.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a yearly basis and are not
- Each participating college or university may nominate one
scholarship recipient each year.
For Further Information
Attn: Carl F. Reherman
3001 E Memorial Road
Edmond, OK 73013