Researches or studies basic principles of plant and animal life, such as origin, relationship, development, anatomy, and functions.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Science and Mathematics pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares technical and research reports, such as environmental impact reports, and communicates the results to individuals in industry, government, or the general public.
- Develops and maintains liaisons and effective working relations with groups and individuals, agencies, and the public to encourage cooperative management strategies or to develop information and interpret findings.
- Collects and analyzes biological data about relationships among and between organisms and their environment.
- Programs and uses computers to store, process, and analyze data.
- Supervises biological technicians and technologists and other scientists.
- Identifies, classifies, and studies structure, behavior, ecology, physiology, nutrition, culture, and distribution of plant and animal species.
- Communicates test results to state and federal representatives and general public.
- Prepares requests for proposals or statements of work.
- Represents employer in a technical capacity at conferences.
- Studies basic principles of plant and animal life, such as origin, relationship, development, anatomy, and function.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.