Assembles or modifies electrical or electronic equipment, such as computers, test equipment telemetering systems, electric motors, and batteries.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Production pathway.
A person in this career:
- Reads and interprets schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions.
- Assembles electrical or electronic systems or support structures and installs components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro-welding equipment.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Positions, aligns, or adjusts workpieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or assembly.
- Explains assembly procedures or techniques to other workers.
- Cleans parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths.
- Drills or taps holes in specified equipment locations to mount control units or to provide openings for elements, wiring, or instruments.
- Fabricates or forms parts, coils, or structures according to specifications, using drills, calipers, cutters, or saws.
- Confers with supervisors or engineers to plan or review work activities or to resolve production problems.
- Inspects or tests wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation and record results.