Prepares and distributes bank statements to customers, answers inquiries, and reconciles discrepancies in records and accounts.
This career is part of the Transportation, Distribution and Logistics cluster Sales and Service pathway.
A person in this career:
- Posts stop-payment notices to prevent payment of protested checks.
- Verifies signatures and required information on checks.
- Retrieve checks returned to customers in error, adjusting customer accounts and answering inquiries about errors as necessary.
- Routes statements for mailing or over-the-counter delivery to customers.
- Monitors equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Fixes minor problems, such as equipment jams, and notifies repair personnel of major equipment problems.
- Weighs envelopes containing statements to determine correct postage and affixes postage, using stamps or metering equipment.
- Compares previously prepared bank statements with canceled checks and reconciles discrepancies.
- Matches statements with batches of canceled checks by account numbers.
- Takes orders for imprinted checks.