Compiles and computes data according to statistical formulas for use in statistical studies. May perform actuarial computations and compile charts and graphs for use by actuaries. Includes actuarial clerks.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster Planning pathway.
A person in this career:
- Computes and analyzes data, using statistical formulas and computers or calculators.
- Checks source data to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Enters data into computers for use in analyses or reports.
- Compiles reports, charts, or graphs that describe and interpret findings of analyses.
- Participates in the publication of data or information.
- Files data and related information and maintains and updates databases.
- Organizes paperwork, such as survey forms or reports, for distribution or analysis.
- Codes data prior to computer entry, using lists of codes.
- Compiles statistics from source materials, such as production or sales records, quality-control or test records, time sheets, or survey sheets.
- Interviews people and keeps track of their responses.