Performs duties that are instructional in nature or delivers direct services to students or parents. Serves in a position for which a teacher has ultimate responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Teaching/Training pathway.
A person in this career:
- Tutors and assists children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Teaches social skills to students.
- Supervises students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
- Provides extra assistance to students with special needs.
- Observes students' performance, and records relevant data to assess progress.
- Enforces administration policies and rules governing students.
- Presents subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
- Instructs and monitors students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
- Discusses assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Organizes and supervises games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental, and social development.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.