Washes or otherwise cleans vehicles, machinery, and other equipment. Uses such materials as water, cleaning agents, brushes, cloths, and hoses.
This career is part of the Transportation, Distribution and Logistics cluster Facility and Mobile Equipment Maintenance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Cleans and polishes vehicle windows.
- Scrubs, scrapes, or sprays machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, insecticides, acid, abrasives, vacuums, or hoses.
- Applies paints, dyes, polishes, reconditioners, waxes, or masking materials to vehicles to preserve, protect, or restore color or condition.
- Inspects parts, equipment, or vehicles for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations.
- Maintains inventories of supplies.
- Presses buttons to activate cleaning equipment or machines.
- Monitors operation of cleaning machines and stops machines or notifies supervisors when malfunctions occur.
- Mixes cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, or other compounds, according to formulas.
- Turns valves or handles on equipment to regulate pressure or flow of water, air, steam, or abrasives from sprayer nozzles.
- Rinses objects and places them on drying racks or use cloth, squeegees, or air compressors to dry surfaces.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.