Develops tools, implements designs, or integrates machinery, equipment, or computer technologies to ensure effective manufacturing processes.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production Process Development pathway.
A person in this career:
- Ensures adherence to safety rules and practices.
- Monitors manufacturing processes to identify ways to reduce losses, decrease time requirements, or improve quality.
- Recommends corrective or preventive actions to assure or improve product quality or reliability.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements in quality, cost, or efficiency of automation equipment.
- Evaluates manufacturing equipment, materials, or components.
- Plans, estimates, or schedules production work.
- Identifies or implements new or sustainable manufacturing technologies, processes, or equipment.
- Develops or maintains programs associated with automated production equipment.
- Estimates manufacturing costs.
- Prepares layouts, drawings, or sketches of machinery or equipment, such as shop tooling, scale layouts, or new equipment design, using drafting equipment or computer-aided design (CAD) software.