Supervises curbside and drop-off recycling programs for municipal governments or private firms.
This career is part of the Transportation, Distribution and Logistics cluster Transportation Operations pathway.
A person in this career:
- Oversees recycling pick-up or drop-off programs to ensure compliance with community ordinances.
- Maintains logs of recycling materials received or shipped to processing companies.
- Supervises recycling technicians, community service workers, or other recycling operations employees or volunteers.
- Reviews customer requests for service to determine service needs and deploys appropriate resources to provide service.
- Provides training to recycling technicians or community service workers on topics such as safety, solid waste processing, or general recycling operations.
- Identifies or investigates new opportunities for materials to be collected and recycled.
- Assigns truck drivers or recycling technicians to routes.
- Creates or manages recycling operations budgets.
- Prepares bills of lading, statements of shipping records, or customer receipts related to recycling or hazardous material services.
- Inspects physical condition of recycling or hazardous waste facility for compliance with safety, quality, and service standards.