Helps brickmasons, blockmasons, stonemasons, or tile and marble setters by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway.
A person in this career:
- Mixes mortar, plaster, and grout, manually or using machines, according to standard formulas.
- Erects scaffolding or other installation structures.
- Cuts materials to specified sizes for installation, using power saws or tile cutters.
- Modifies material moving, mixing, grouting, grinding, polishing, or cleaning procedures, according to installation or material requirements.
- Transports materials, tools, or machines to installation sites, manually or using conveyance equipment.
- Provides assistance in the preparation, installation, repair, or rebuilding of tile, brick, or stone surfaces.
- Locates and supplies materials to masons for installation, following drawings or numbered sequences.
- Arranges or stores materials, machines, tools, or equipment.
- Cleans installation surfaces, equipment, tools, work sites, or storage areas, using water, chemical solutions, oxygen lances, or polishing machines.
- Moves or positions materials such as marble slabs, using cranes, hoists, or dollies.