Plans, directs, or coordinates the academic, administrative, or auxiliary activities of public or private elementary or secondary level schools.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Administration and Administrative Support pathway.
A person in this career:
- Evaluates curricula, teaching methods, and programs to determine their effectiveness, efficiency, and use, and to ensure that school activities comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Observes teaching methods and examines learning materials to evaluate and standardize curricula and teaching techniques, and to determine areas where improvement is needed.
- Counsels and provides guidance to students regarding personal, academic, vocational, or behavioral issues.
- Collaborates with teachers to develop and maintain curriculum standards, develop mission statements, and set performance goals and objectives.
- Directs and coordinates activities of teachers, administrators, and support staff at schools, public agencies, and institutions.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and evaluates primary and supplemental staff.
- Confers with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems.
- Enforces discipline and attendance rules.
- Creates school improvement plans by using student performance data.
- Sets educational standards and goals, and helps establish policies and procedures to carry them out.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.