Calculates, measures, loads, mixes, and processes refined feedstock with additives in fermentation or reaction process vessels and monitor production process. Performs, and keeps records of, plant maintenance, repairs, and safety inspections.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Production pathway.
A person in this career:
- Calculates, measures, loads, or mixes refined feedstock used in biofuels production.
- Operates chemical processing equipment for the production of biofuels.
- Operates equipment, such as a centrifuge, to extract biofuels products and secondary by-products or reusable fractions.
- Operates valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust biofuels production.
- Processes refined feedstock with additives in fermentation or reaction process vessels.
- Assesses the quality of biofuels additives for reprocessing.
- Calibrates liquid flow devices and meters including fuel, chemical, and water meters.
- Collects biofuels samples and performs routine laboratory tests or analyses to assess biofuels quality.
- Inspects biofuels plant or processing equipment regularly, recording or reporting damage and mechanical problems.
- Measures and monitors raw biofuels feedstock.