Prepares or serves specialty coffee or other beverages. Serves food such as baked goods or sandwiches to patrons.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Restaurants and Food/Beverage Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Receives and processes customer payments.
- Prepares or serves hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Cleans or sanitizes work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Takes customer orders and conveys them to other employees for preparation.
- Describes menu items to customers or suggests products that might appeal to them.
- Cleans service or seating areas.
- Serves prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels.
- Prepares or serves menu items, such as sandwiches or salads.
- Sets up or restocks product displays.
- Weighs, grinds, or packs coffee beans for customers.