Welcomes patrons, seats them at tables or in lounge, and helps ensure quality of facilities and service.
This career is part of the Hospitality and Tourism cluster Restaurants and Food/Beverage Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Provides guests with menus.
- Assigns patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
- Greets guests and seats them at tables or in waiting areas.
- Answers telephone calls and responds to inquiries or transfers calls.
- Operates cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages.
- Speaks with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service, to respond to complaints, or to make conversation.
- Takes and prepares to-go orders.
- Maintains contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly and customers' concerns are addressed.
- Receives and records patrons' dining reservations.
- Inspects dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.