Plans, directs, or coordinates human resources activities and staff of an organization.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Human Resources Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommends needed changes.
- Analyzes and modifies compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Performs difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Identifies staff vacancies and recruits, interviews, and selects applicants.
- Negotiates bargaining agreements and helps interpret labor contracts.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Prepares personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.