Conducts organizational studies and evaluations; designs systems and procedures; conducts work simplifications and measurement studies; and prepares operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Includes program analysts and management consultants.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Gathers and organizes information on problems or procedures.
- Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Confers with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
- Develops and implements records management program for filing, protection, and retrieval of records, and assures compliance with program.
- Reviews forms and reports and confers with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements.
- Documents findings of study and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Interviews personnel and conducts on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and methods, equipment, and personnel used.
- Prepares manuals and trains workers in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
- Plans study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- Designs, evaluates, recommends, and approves changes of forms and reports.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.