Cleans and shapes customers' fingernails and toenails. May polish or decorate nails.
This career is part of the Human Services cluster Personal Care Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Cleans and sanitizes tools and work environment.
- Applies undercoat and clear or colored polish onto nails with brush.
- Maintains supply inventories and records of client services.
- Shapes and smooths ends of nails, using scissors, files, or emery boards.
- Prepares nail cuticles with water and oil, using cuticle knives to push back cuticles and scissors or nippers to trim cuticles.
- Prepares customers' nails in soapy water, using swabs, files, and orange sticks.
- Removes previously applied nail polish, using liquid remover and swabs.
- Uses rotary abrasive wheels to shape and smooth nails or artificial extensions.
- Schedules client appointments and accepts payments.
- Assesses the condition of clients' hands, removes dead skin, and massages hands.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.