Provides services to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers aboard ships, buses, trains, or within the station or terminal. Performs duties such as greeting passengers, explaining the use of safety equipment, serving meals or beverages, or answering questions related to travel.
This career is part of the Transportation, Distribution and Logistics cluster Transportation Operations pathway.
A person in this career:
- Secures passengers for transportation by buckling seatbelts or fastening wheelchairs with tie-down straps.
- Provides boarding assistance to elderly, sick, or injured people.
- Responds to passengers' questions, requests, or complaints.
- Determines or facilitates seating arrangements.
- Provides customers with information on routes, gates, prices, timetables, terminals, or concourses.
- Performs equipment safety checks prior to departure.
- Issues and collects passenger boarding passes and transfers, tearing or punching tickets as necessary to prevent reuse.
- Greets passengers boarding transportation equipment and announces routes and stops.
- Counts and verifies tickets and seat reservations and records numbers of passengers boarding and disembarking.
- Explains and demonstrates safety procedures and safety equipment use.