Plans, directs, or coordinates the daily patient care activities in a clinical practice. Ensures adherence to established clinical policies, protocols, regulations, and standards.
This career is part of the Health Science cluster Therapeutic Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Collaborates with other health care professionals and service providers to ensure optimal patient care.
- Provides consultation to other health care providers in areas such as patient discharge, patient care, or clinical procedures.
- Develops or assists others in development of care and treatment plans.
- Develops and maintains departmental policies, procedures, objectives, or patient care standards, based on evidence-based practice guidelines or expert opinion.
- Reads current literature, talks with colleagues, or participates in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in nursing.
- Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice or organizational systems.
- Develops, implements, or evaluates standards of nursing practice in specialty area such as pediatrics, acute care, and geriatrics.
- Designs evaluation programs regarding the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice or organizational systems.
- Plans, evaluates, or modifies treatment programs, based on information gathered by observing and interviewing patients or by analyzing patient records.
- Directs or supervises nursing care staff in the provision of patient therapy.