Assesses patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administers nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Licensing or registration required.
This career is part of the Health Science cluster Therapeutic Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Administers medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
- Records patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors, records, and reports symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Monitors all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Directs or supervises less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervises a particular unit.
- Prepares patients for and assists with examinations or treatments.
- Instructs individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develops health improvement programs.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.