Researches, designs, develops, and tests robotic applications.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Engineering and Technology pathway.
A person in this career:
- Debugs robotics programs.
- Provides technical support for robotic systems.
- Reviews or approves designs, calculations, or cost estimates.
- Installs, calibrates, operates, or maintains robots.
- Supervises technologists, technicians, or other engineers.
- Processes or interprets signals or sensor data.
- Integrates robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment.
- Investigates mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- Creates back-ups of robot programs or parameters.
- Designs automated robotic systems to increase production volume or precision in high-throughput operations, such as automated ribonucleic acid (RNA) analysis or sorting, moving, or stacking production materials.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.