Plans, directs or coordinates activities in such fields as architecture and engineering, or research and development in these fields.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Engineering and Technology pathway.
A person in this career:
- Manages the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in architecture or engineering projects.
- Directs, reviews, or approves project design changes.
- Confers with management, production, or marketing staff to discuss project specifications or procedures.
- Presents and explains proposals, reports, or findings to clients.
- Consults or negotiates with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Prepares budgets, bids, or contracts.
- Assesses project feasibility by analyzing technology, resource needs, and market demand.
- Directs recruitment, placement, and evaluation of architecture or engineering project staff.
- Reviews, recommends, or approves contracts or cost estimates.
- Develops or implements policies, standards, or procedures for engineering and technical work.