Teaches occupational, career and technical, or vocational subjects at the secondary school level in public or private schools.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Teaching/Training pathway.
A person in this career:
- Instructs students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods, such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Establishes and enforces rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Observes and evaluates students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Prepares objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools.
- Plans and conducts activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Maintains accurate and complete student records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Instructs and monitors students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injury and damage.
- Prepares materials and classroom for class activities.
- Assigns and grades class work and homework.