Teaches occupational, career and technical, or vocational subjects in public or private schools at the middle, intermediate, or junior high level, which falls between elementary and senior high school as defined by applicable laws and regulations.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Teaching/Training pathway.
A person in this career:
- Instructs students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods, such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Prepares materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establishes and enforces rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Prepares students for later educational experiences by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Maintains accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Instructs and monitors students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
- Assigns and grades class work and homework.
- Enforces all administration policies and rules governing students.