Plans and directs cleanup and redevelopment of contaminated properties for reuse. Does not include properties sufficiently contaminated to qualify as Superfund sites.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster General Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Coordinates on-site activities for environmental cleanup or remediation projects to ensure compliance with environmental laws, standards, regulations, or other requirements.
- Estimates costs for environmental cleanup and remediation of land redevelopment projects.
- Inspects sites to assess environmental damage or monitor cleanup progress.
- Prepares reports or presentations to communicate brownfield redevelopment needs, status, or progress.
- Identifies environmental contamination sources.
- Plans or implements brownfield redevelopment projects to ensure safety, quality, and compliance with applicable standards or requirements.
- Reviews or evaluates environmental remediation project proposals.
- Negotiates contracts for services or materials needed for environmental remediation.
- Conducts feasibility or cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Maintains records of decisions, actions, and progress related to environmental redevelopment projects.