Repairs only one system or component on a vehicle, such as brakes, suspension or radiator.
This career is part of the Transportation, Distribution and Logistics cluster Facility and Mobile Equipment Maintenance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Inspects vehicles for damage and records findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Estimates costs of vehicle repair.
- Troubleshoots fuel, ignition, and emissions control systems, using electronic testing equipment.
- Repairs, overhauls, or adjusts automobile brake systems.
- Tests electronic computer components in automobiles to ensure proper operation.
- Repairs or replaces defective ball joint suspensions, brake shoes, or wheel bearings.
- Aligns wheels, axles, frames, torsion bars, and steering mechanisms of automobiles, using special alignment equipment and wheel-balancing machines.
- Tunes automobile engines to ensure proper and efficient functioning.
- Repairs, replaces, or adjusts defective fuel injectors, carburetor parts, and gasoline filters.
- Rebuilds, repairs, or tests automotive fuel injection units.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.