Develops and conducts tests to evaluate product safety levels. Recommends measures to reduce or eliminate hazards.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Engineering and Technology pathway.
A person in this career:
- Investigates causes of accidents, injuries, or illnesses related to product usage in order to develop solutions to minimize or prevent recurrence.
- Evaluates potential health hazards or damage that could occur from product misuse.
- Participates in preparation of product usage and precautionary label instructions.
- Recommends procedures for detection, prevention, and elimination of physical, chemical, or other product hazards.
- Reports accident investigation findings.
- Conducts research to evaluate safety levels for products.