Assists social scientists in laboratory, survey, and other social science research. May help prepare findings for publication and assist in laboratory analysis, quality control, or data management.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Science and Mathematics pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares, manipulates, and manages extensive databases.
- Provides assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Obtains informed consent of research subjects or their guardians.
- Performs descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Verifies the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases, correcting any errors.
- Prepares tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
- Edits and submits protocols and other required research documentation.
- Develops and implements research quality control procedures.
- Conducts internet-based and library research.
- Presents research findings to groups of people.