Conducts research, prepares reports, or formulates plans to address economic problems related to the production and distribution of goods and services or monetary and fiscal policy. May collect and process economic and statistical data using sampling techniques and econometric methods.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Science and Mathematics pathway.
A person in this career:
- Studies economic and statistical data in a specific area, such as finance, labor, or agriculture.
- Gives economic advice to businesses and to public and private agencies.
- Analyzes data to explain economic changes and forecast future market trends.
- Develops economic guidelines and standards used in forecasting trends and formulating economic policy.
- Testifies at hearings concerning the effects of changes in legislation and presents recommendations based on cost-benefit analyses.
- Supervises research projects.
- Forecasts production and consumption of resources.
- Teaches theories, principles and methods of economics.
- Provides litigation support, such as writing reports for expert testimony or testifying as an expert witness.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.