Analyzes and manages risk management issues by identifying, measuring, and making decisions on operational or enterprise risks for an organization.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Securities and Investments pathway.
A person in this career:
- Develops contingency plans to deal with emergencies.
- Recommends ways to control or reduce risk.
- Analyzes areas of potential risk to the assets, earning capacity, or success of organizations.
- Documents, and ensures communication of, key risks.
- Maintains input or data quality of risk management systems.
- Gathers risk-related data from internal or external resources.
- Develops or implements risk-assessment models or methodologies.
- Devises systems or processes to monitor validity of risk assessments.
- Meets with clients to answer queries on subjects such as risk exposure, market scenarios, or values-at-risk calculations.
- Produces reports or presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, or recommend changes.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.