Analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Prepares, examines, or analyzes accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Reviews accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences.
- Prepares adjusting journal entries.
- Establishes tables of accounts and assigns entries to proper accounts.
- Analyzes business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Reports to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Develops, implements, modifies, and documents recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Advises management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Maintains or examines the records of government agencies.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.