Analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares, examines, or analyzes accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Reports to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establishes tables of accounts and assigns entries to proper accounts.
- Develops, implements, modifies, and documents recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Computes taxes owed and prepares tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
- Maintains or examines the records of government agencies.
- Advises clients in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax or estate plans.
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Provides internal and external auditing services for businesses or individuals.
- Analyzes business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.