Examines and analyzes accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepares financial reports concerning operating procedures.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Accounting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares detailed reports on audit findings.
- Reports to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommends changes in operations and financial activities.
- Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Supervises auditing of establishments, and determines scope of investigation required.
- Inspects account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Prepares, analyzes, and verifies annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Reviews data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Examines and evaluates financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Confers with company officials about financial and regulatory matters.
- Inspects cash on hand, notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and canceled checks to confirm records are accurate.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.