Examines budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. Analyzes budgeting and accounting reports.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Business Finance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Summarizes budgets and submits recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Analyzes monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Examines budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Directs the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
- Provides advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
- Compiles and analyzes accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
- Reviews operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Interprets budget directives and establishes policies for carrying out directives.
- Matches appropriations for specific programs with appropriations for broader programs, including items for emergency funds.
- Consults with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.