Directs and coordinates financial activities of workers in a branch, office, or department of an establishment, such as branch bank, brokerage firm, risk and insurance department, or credit department.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Business Finance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Plans, directs, or coordinates the activities of workers in branches, offices, or departments of establishments, such as branch banks, brokerage firms, risk and insurance departments, or credit departments.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with individual or business customers or provide assistance with problems these customers may encounter.
- Recruits staff members.
- Prepares operational or risk reports for management analysis.
- Evaluates data pertaining to costs to plan budgets.
- Oversees training programs.
- Examines, evaluates, or processes loan applications.
- Approves, rejects, or coordinates the approval or rejection of lines of credit or commercial, real estate, or personal loans.
- Oversees the flow of cash or financial instruments.
- Prepares financial or regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, or boards of directors.