Analyzes credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Prepares reports with credit information for use in decision making.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Banking Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Analyzes credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Generates financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customers' financial status.
- Consults with customers to resolve complaints and verify financial and credit transactions.
- Prepares reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Compares liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations.
- Reviews individual or commercial customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection.
- Confers with credit association and other business representatives to exchange credit information.
- Completes loan applications, including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and submit to loan committees for approval.
- Analyzes financial data such as income growth, quality of management, and market share to determine expected profitability of loans.
- Evaluates customer records and recommends payment plans, based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity.