Conducts quantitative analyses of information affecting investment programs of public or private institutions.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Business Finance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Informs investment decisions by analyzing financial information to forecast business, industry, or economic conditions.
- Prepares plans of action for investment, using financial analyses.
- Evaluates and compares the relative quality of various securities in a given industry.
- Recommends investments and investment timing to companies, investment firm staff, or the public.
- Presents oral or written reports on general economic trends, individual corporations, and entire industries.
- Monitors fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments by analyzing information from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, company sources, or personal interviews.
- Interprets data on price, yield, stability, future investment-risk trends, economic influences, and other factors affecting investment programs.
- Purchases investments for companies in accordance with company policy.
- Monitors developments in the fields of industrial technology, business, finance, and economic theory.
- Draws charts and graphs, using computer spreadsheets, to illustrate technical reports.