Directs financial activities, such as planning, procurement, and investments for all or part of an organization.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Business Finance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Supervises employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
- Coordinates and directs the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of an organization.
- Develops internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Prepares or directs preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Provides direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Analyzes the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Advises management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Monitors financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Evaluates needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.