Teaches courses in environmental science. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Teaching/Training pathway.
A person in this career:
- Supervises undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Initiates, facilitates, and moderates classroom discussions.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Prepares course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Supervises students' laboratory and field work.
- Plans, evaluates, and revises curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Evaluates and grades students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations, or assigns this work to others.
- Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Conducts research in a particular field of knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.