Collaborates with field and biology staff to oversee the implementation of restoration projects and to develop new products. Processes and synthesizes complex scientific data into practical strategies for restoration, monitoring or management.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Science and Mathematics pathway.
A person in this career:
- Collects and analyzes data to determine environmental conditions and restoration needs.
- Develops and communicates recommendations for landowners to maintain or restore environmental conditions.
- Plans environmental restoration projects, using biological databases, environmental strategies, and planning software.
- Communicates findings of environmental studies or proposals for environmental remediation to other restoration professionals.
- Conducts site assessments to certify a habitat or to ascertain environmental damage or restoration needs.
- Creates habitat management or restoration plans, such as native tree restoration and weed control.
- Supervises and provides technical guidance, training, or assistance to employees working in the field to restore habitats.
- Develops environmental restoration project schedules and budgets.
- Applies for permits required for the implementation of environmental remediation projects.
- Creates diagrams to communicate environmental remediation planning using geographic information systems (GIS), computer-aided design (CAD), or other mapping or diagramming software.