Authorizes credit charges against customers' accounts.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Banking Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Keeps records of customers' charges and payments.
- Evaluates customers' computerized credit records and payment histories to decide whether to approve new credit, based on predetermined standards.
- File sales slips in customers' ledgers for billing purposes.
- Receives charge slips or credit applications by mail, or receives information from salespeople or merchants by telephone.
- Mails charge statements to customers.
- Prepares credit cards or charge account plates.